Many writers run into financial trouble because their work yields comparatively little income or takes a long time to produce significant earnings. Various grants for writers can provide helpful assistance:
1. The Awesome Foundation offers a $1,000 award with a rather quick, easy application process. It does not have complex requirements or demand any control over writers’ projects.
2. Authors in Wyoming can apply for the Individual Artist Grant. The state’s Arts Council supplies this $500 payment. It is only available to people who write poetry, screenplays, scripts or prose.
3. The $4,000 Build Your Own Blog grant application just requires some basic personal information and a writing sample of at least 100 words. Any new writer can qualify after turning 16 years of age.
4. Bard College offers a Fiction Prize for published authors who remain 38 years old or younger. Recipients are expected to speak to college students at the campus.
5. The Artist Initiative Grant benefits poets who have lived in Minnesota for a minimum of six months. It awards payments as large as $10,000. Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
6. The Sustainable Arts Foundation provides $6,000 and $2,000 grants to writers who have children under 18. To apply, a person must supply a writing sample and answer some questions.
7. Rhode Island’s art council awards a maximum of $5,000. Authors must intend to read their work to an audience. Each year, there are usually two deadlines to apply for RISCA grants.
8. The Arts Council in England offers grants to poets and fiction writers. It allows recipients to use the payments for almost any purpose.
9. Any writer who lives in Kansas City may consider applying for the local Inspiration Grant. Awards range from as little as $250 to as much as $2,500, but it is easier to qualify for sub-$1,000 payments.
10. Writers in New York City can request financial assistance from the Table 4 Writers Foundation after reaching 21 years of age. The maximum award is $5,000.
This is only a relatively small sample of the grant opportunities available to authors. Please follow us to learn about additional ways for blogging and writing professionals to advance their careers.